Be a garden artist and paint your own fun and colorful garden art!
- Cement block, single hole, 7 1/2″ square (McCoy’s)
- Drylock Masonry Waterproofer – color white (McCoy’s)
- FolkArt Acrylic Paint, 2 oz. size, your favorite colors (Hobby Lobby)
- Inexpensive nylon paint brushes various widths (Hobby Lobby)
- Water in a container to clean brushes
- Krylon Matte Finish Clear Spray (Hobby Lobby)
- Very thoroughly mix water proofer. Apply two coats over the entire block. Allow to dry between coats.
- Draw your design onto block with a pencil and fill in with paint or go freehand.
- Spray two coats of Krylon spray over entire block. Allow to dry between coats.
Fun options for your blocks:
- Plant herbs or small flowering plants in the hole
- Use singly or stack for plant stands
- Stack for garden bench legs or table base or birdbath stand
Please share your own garden art block creations on our Facebook page!