- Do prune back plants now 1/3 to 1/2 before the flush of new spring growth.
- Do prune back roses, removing all twiggy growth and dead canes.
- Do apply Weed & Grass Stopper with Dimension or Amaze granules (pre-emergents) to prevent more weeds from sprouting.
- Do spray lawns for broadleaf weeds now with Weed-B-Gon Hose End that is safe for Floratam St. Augustine.
- Don’t prune back Indian Hawthorn, Climbing Roses, Carolina Jessamine or Azaleas until after the Spring bloom.
- Don’t use Weed and Feed in your lawn if you have trees and shrubs since they are a broadleaf also.