As the Fall season comes around, so does a breath of new flowers to plant. Annuals like Impatiens, Violas, Begonia, Petunias, Snapdragons, & Lobelia are some local favorites. Warm days & cool nights are a big help & here’s a few tips to add to your success!
- Choose the right flowers for your area, sun or shade
- Use Premium Potting Mix if planting in pots, amend flower beds with Nature’s Blend compost for ground planting. Nature’s Blend sweetens your soil and feeds the good microbes.
- Space your plants so they have room to mature.
- Fertilize with Bio-tone or Plant Tone mixed with your soil. Both of these have live microbes to promote healthy plant growth!
- Mulch flower beds. Pine straw looks great but any good mulch will do.
- Keep plants hydrated, water the soil not the foliage.
- Spend time with them, watch for new growth & flower buds forming. This helps with any special needs that come up like more plant food, less water, insects.
- Fertilize with Hasta Gro once a month.
Enjoy your garden & the Fall Season!